Vice President U Myint Swe attends the ceremony to celebrate the 73rd Anniversary Union Day in Nay Pyi Taw yesterday. Photo: MNA
A ceremony to mark the 73rd Union Day was organized with the State Flag raising and saluting, in front of Nay Pyi Taw City Hall yesterday.
Vice-President U Myint Swe, in his capacity as the Chairman of Union Day Organizing Central Committee, read out the message sent by the President.
The annual ceremony was held with the five objectives:–
1. All ethnic nationals are to work with collective strength for non-disintegration of the Union, non-disintegration of national unity, perpetuation of national sovereignty
2. Successful implementation of peace-making process based on Union spirit
3. Working with collective strength of ethnic nationals for providing law and order, fair justice and safety of the citizens
4. Promoting socioeconomic development of people by preventing dangers of narcotic drugs as a national task
5. Striving for the emergence of a Constitution that is in alignment and harmony with the Democratic Federal Union
The State Flag was hoisted at 5:30 am in the presence of members of national races.
Beginning at 5 am., departmental personnel, members from civil societies, ethnic nationals and invited guests arrived at the venue of ceremony.
At 7 am, the Tatmadaw (Army, Navy, Air) Guard of Honor marched into the square in front of Nay Pyi Taw City Hall.
Vice President U Myint Swe took the salute of the Guard of Honour.
The Vice-President and the attendees saluted the State Flag, while the national anthem was played by the Guard of Honour.
Vice-President U Myint Swe then read the Union Day message sent by President U Win Myint, before concluding the ceremony.
The ceremony was attended by Amyotha Hluttaw Deputy Speaker, Union Ministers, Union Attorney-General, Union Auditor-General, Nay Pyi Taw Council Chairman, Governor of Central Bank of Myanmar, Chairman of Anti-Corruption Commission, Chairman of Myanmar National Human Rights Commission, senior military officers, Union Supreme Court judges, members of State Constitutional Tribunal, members of Union Election Commission, Commander of Nay Pyi Taw Command, deputy ministers, Deputy Attorney-General, members of Union Civil Service Board, members of Nay Pyi Taw Council, ethnic affairs ministers from State/Region governments, Vice Governors of Central Bank of Myanmar, Hluttaw representatives, departmental heads, ministerial staff members, ethnic national cultural troupes, family members of Tatmadaw regiments based in the Nay Pyi Taw council area, members of civil societies, ethnic nationals and the invited guests.— MNA (Translated by Aung Khin)