(2 July 2020)
1. The Union Election has made Announcement No. 115/2020 to hold the general elections on 8 November 2020.
2. Local voters outside their constituencies can cast their votes in the following advance voting processes:
(a) Heads of trainings, schools, hospitals and jails can contact to the sub-election commissions to get documents of Form 15
(b) They must return these documents to sub-commission of respective townships by 26 August 2020 after being filled by the voters.
(c) Sub-election commission of respective townships must send ballot papers and envelopes for advance voting to the trainings, schools, hospitals and jails by 7 October 2020.
(d) Advance voting must be organized at trainings, schools, hospitals and jails on their appropriate day from 8 October 2020 to 21 October 2020.
(e) The envelopes containing ballot papers must be sent back to sub-election commission of respective townships by 4 pm on 8 November 2020.
3. Heads of trainings, schools, hospitals and jails need to inform the advance voting date, prescribed in the paragraph 2(d), at least three days advance to the sub-election commission of respective townships for proper coordination.
4. It is also required to inform to the sub-election commissions about the inpatients and detainees of various reasons at the hospitals and jails of Myanmar Police Force and the Correction Department after 26 August 2020 to arrange their voting.
5. The sub-election commissions and the heads of trainings, schools, hospitals and jails are requested for their coordination in ensuring not to lose rights for advance voting of eligible voters outside the respective constituencies.
Union Election Commission