ARSA attacks, evacuations continue in northern Rakhine

An independent journalist records video footage of a destroyed car near a house that was burnt down in an ARSA extremist terrorist attack in Maungtaw yesterday. One terrorist was killed and four were arrested, including one 13-year-old boy. Photo: REuTERS

More than 150 members of the terrorist group Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army (ARSA) attacked security forces yesterday afternoon near Indin Village, Rakhine State, leaving one terrorist dead, according to government sources.
Four of the terrorists were arrested, including one 13-year-old boy. Security forces arrested two more men found near a local police outpost in  Maungtaw on suspicion of their involvement in the attacks, the government said. Yesterday’s attack comes after more than 100 ARSA extremist terrorists ambushed security forces on Wednesday morning.
In yesterday’s fighting, four terrorists were arrested: Khawbi Ramud, 35; Arnu Saubi, 13; Sweyauk Dusaung, 54; and Eiliyas, 24. They were sent to a local police station for interrogation.
As the violence continued, more than 500 members of Hindu families in Maungtaw who were blocked in by ARSA were evacuated by security forces yesterday. Police carried out security operations to save about 300 people from 70 families in Latha Village and transported them to shelters.
Meanwhile, about 200 Hindu people from Ngayantchaung Village in Buthidaung Township were also evacuated to safe shelters.
Hindu families have recently been forced to flee their villages out of fear of the ongoing terrorist attacks. Most are being sheltered at a primary school in Maungtaw.
On their way to Maungtaw, six were shot dead by ARSA extremist terrorists on 26th August, it was previously reported.
Amid ongoing attacks in northern Maungtaw, the government announced yesterday that an investigation will be launched into international non-governmental organizations’ aid found at the hideouts of ARSA extremist terrorists.—Myanmar News Agency

Share this post
Hot News
Hot News