The Ministry of Health and Sports released an update report of COVID-19 in Myanmar yesterday, with 4 new cases and national tally reaching 188.
The four new cases are 1 from Taninthayi Region, 2 from Kawkareik Township of Kayin State and 1 from Thandwe Township of Rakhine State.
Out of 188 positive cases, 6 died, 101 persons have recovered and 88 persons have been discharged from the hospitals.—MNA
(Translated by Aung Khin)
COVID-19 in Myanmar Updated at 8 pm, 18 May 2020
1. There was ONE new cases from testing of 170 samples at the Department of Medical Research and 188 samples at the National Health Laboratory (Yangon), totalling 358 samples on 18 May.
2. Total confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Myanmar reached 188, at 8:00 pm on 18 May.
3. FOUR old cases (Case 36, 48, 88, 114) were tested negative two consecutive times, in a total of 101 persons up to 18 May, Among them, 88 persons have been discharged from the hospital and they will be kept isolation at the designated places.
4. The national death toll remains at 6.
5. There are a total of 48 new persons under investigation in the past 24 hours from 12 noon of 18 May.
Laboratory test for COVID-19 at 8 pm, 18 May
|Case No||Age||Gender||Address||Contact with positive patient||Overseas travel history||Hospital for medical treatment||Lab result||Remark|
|188||35||Male||Thandwe Tsp, Rakhine State||No||Yes, Malaysia||District Hospital in Thandwe||Positive||Held under quarantine|
COVID-19 Laboratory results at 8:00 pm, 18 May 2020
|Samples tested in first group at National Health Laboratory (Yangon) on 18 May|
|Samples tested at Department of Medical Research on 16 May||170|
COVID-19 Situation Report at 8 pm, 18 May 2020