Update of COVID-19 cases in Myanmar till 10:15 pm on 10 April
1. The National Health Laboratory (Yangon) took laboratory tests on the specimens of 79 persons under the investigations and quarantined persons at the hospitals and designated sites on 10 April 2020. The laboratory tests on 1 patient showed positive, while the remaining 78 persons were tested negative.
2. The confirmed case (Case-028) is a 63-year-old man living in Bahan Township, Yangon. He had close contact with a positive patient (Case-008) as a family member. He was kept under home quarantine beginning 28 March. As he began suffering fever, sore throat and cough on 7 April, his specimens was taken on 8 April for laboratory tests. As he has already been diagnosed with hypertension and diabetes, he will be admitted to the Waibargi Specialist Hospital for intensive care.
3. There are a total of 28 confirmed cases for COVID-19 in Myanmar from 23 March to 10 April (8:30 pm).
4. Among these cases, 2 are at Tiddim hospital in Chin State, 14 at Waibargi hospital, 1 at Lashio People’s Hospital, 1 from North Okkalapa General Hospital to Waibargi Hospital, 2 from Yangon General Hospital referred to Waibargi hospital, 1 at Mawlamyine People’s Hospital transferred from Kyaikmaraw People’s Hospital. One patient will be transferred to the Waibargi Special Hospital, totaling 22 patients. One patient at the Waibargi hospital is receiving medical treatments at the intensive care unit.
5. Those who had close contact with these positive patients will be investigated for quarantines. And, they are advised to identify themselves to the nearby healthcare centres.