Gas-leak fire injures five

DSC 0611 1

A fire broke out in Botahtaung Township due to cylinder leak on 28 December, leaving five minor injuries.
The incident happened around 1 pm at a teashop at the corner of Botahtaung Road and the Merchant Street as the gas leak from a cylinder met with spark from nearby charcoal-burning stove.
“Once the fire started, I broke into the shop and put out the fire with the use of extinguisher. Dur to gas leak, the fire also spread to two neighbouring rooms,” said U Shwe Lone.
With 45 firemen, five fire engines arrived at the scene.
“As the first fire engine has already put the fire under control with the use of chemical extinguisher, other fire engines did not get busy with the fire. Two staff of the teashop and three people from negibouring shops have got minor burns on their legs due to gas leak,” said U  U Win Win, an officer of the Yangon Region Fire Services Department.
The injured two men and three women were sent to hospital.
Action has been taken against U Tin Ko Ko, 31, the owner of the tea shop.

Share this post
Hot News
Hot News