Geological map of Myanmar’s groundwater situation to distribute to universities

3127 sskm
A map shows underground water situation in Myanmar.

U Aung Min Thein, founder of the Myanmar Geophysical Surveying Company (MGS Group), reported that the geological map of Myanmar’s groundwater situation will be distributed to all the country’s technological universities and agricultural university. Over 45 per cent of this groundwater situation map project was finished at the end of 2022, and they are trying to complete the remaining 55 per cent by the end of 2023.
“We are still in process, and we could get the facts from some areas, but we will finish the rest of 55 per cent this year. The universities’ faculty members and students can use this groundwater map only for educational purposes but not for commercial and personal benefits. We will distribute the map to the technological universities and agricultural university. Because of the map, we can know the volume of the groundwater we use and the water consumption of the wells. It can describe the groundwater situation of our surroundings that is used for the economy and agriculture,” U Aung Min Thein said.
The mentioned project of the geological map of the groundwater situation is led by Myanmar Geophysical Surveying Company (MGS Group) by researching the groundwater records from various states and regions of the country, which are measured by geophysical technology. Technicians from the MGS Group are doing the project by getting records with GIS mapping and Geophysics facts. In the areas where groundwater is challenging to get, as they only use the traditional system without knowing the volumes of the ground and water, they have to face many difficulties, and the geological map of the groundwater situation will solve the problem to help our citizens. — ASH/TRKM

Share this post
Hot News
Hot News
Ancient Ketumati City preserves walls, moats, and original gateway style
Myanmar’s agricultural exports surpass US$1.1 bln by 14 June
Myanmar student youths to attend BRIDGE Summer Camp-2024 in Japan
Myanmar Embassy clerk in France absent without leave due to personal matter
MoEP Union Minister inspects HED installation at Paunglaung Dam
MoI Union Minister inspects paddy husk gasifier power generation facility
MoTC holds rainy season tree-planting ceremony
Mandalay releases over 217M gallons of wastewater daily
Mawlamyine’s Union National Races Cultural Centre to feature traditional homes of Mon, Kayin, Pa-O, and Bamar
Myanmar participates in commemoration of G-77’s 60th anniversary in Vienna