To reduce contact with and the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), the public is advised to adhere to the following guidelines during the stay at home period.
(1) Remain indoors as much as possible and avoid crowded or public places.
(2) The elderly (especially those above 60 years old) and those with chronic diseases such as hypertension, heart problems, diabetes, liver and kidney issues or cancer have a higher fatality rate and are advised to remain indoors at all times.
(3) Do not have any guests over.
(4) If you have to go outside, absolutely wear a face mask.
(5) Every time before and after handling a face mask or paper currency and when returning home from outside, wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds. If water and soap aren’t easily available, use hand sanitizers that have 60% ethanol content.
(6) If you have to go out for groceries, have only one family member and one to drive the car (a total of 2 people) go out, and limit going out for groceries to at least once a week.
(7) Maintain at least a 6-feet distance between other shoppers and store owners when going out for groceries.
(8) Follow these steps when returning home from outside:
(a) Take out your purchased items from their bags near the doorway and put them in baskets or containers and systematically wash items that can be washed with soap and water.
(b) Change your clothes when you return from outside immediately if possible, and soak them in soap for 30 minutes before washing.
(c) Take care of personal hygiene by showering and washing hands. Avoid close contact with household members before changing clothes or washing hands.
(9) If someone has to go to a clinic or hospital, they should only be accompanied by another person and a driver.
(10) Regularly clean public utilities of high-rise buildings and houses such as door locks and handrails.
(11) Cover your mouth and nose with tissue or inner elbow of your arm when sneezing or coughing. Dispose the tissue in a wastebasket with a lid and wash hands for 20 seconds again.
(12) Practice the following tips for a healthy stay at home:
(a) Avoid close proximity with family or household members as much as possible.
(b) Eat nutritional food and get enough sleep.
(c) Perform appropriate and non-intensive physical exercises.
(d) Communicate with friends, family, relatives and other close people through phone or social media. Meditate, practice yoga or appropriate religious practices to maintain social and mental wellbeing.
(13) Do not listen to rumours and regularly check on news and follow guidelines by the Ministry of Health and Sports state-owned media.
(14) If family or household members exhibit COVID-19 symptoms such as a fever of 38° C/100.4° F, coughing, difficulty breathing or lethargy, immediately contact the nearest health department, health official or administration body.
The Ministry of Health and Sports will provide 24-hour protection for the safety of the public with regard to health issues during the stay at home period.
The public is urged to be cautious of their health and closely adhere to rules and regulations issued by the Ministry of Health and Sports. -Ministry of Health and Sports
(Translated by Zaw Htet Oo)