1. Representatives of the National Reconciliation and Peace Centre (NRPC) and four groups KIO, PSLF, MNTJP and ULA met at Shan State Kengtung Town Amazing Kentong Resort on 31 August 2019.
2. At the meeting matters relating to stopping as soon as possible ongoing armed engagements were discussed with the aim of signing a Bilateral Ceasefire Agreement.
3. The meeting agreed to discuss with the Tatmadaw representative group on deployment of forces, and rules and procedures to prevent outbreak of fighting.
4. Next meeting will be held on 16-17 September 2019 and discussion on the meeting venue will be continued between the two sides.
5. The meeting agreed to discuss matters relating to the Nationwide Ceasefire Agreement (NCA) after signing the Bilateral Ceasefire Agreement.
6. Efforts will be made with full political will by both sides towards stopping as soon as possible ongoing armed engagements for national reconciliation and Union peace.
Kengtung, Shan State
31 August 2019