The Republic of the Union of Myanmar
Ministry of Health and Sports
7th Waning of Wagaung, 1382 ME
(9th September 2020)
The Ministry of Health and Sports has issued this order in exercise of the rights contained in Section 21, sub-section (b) of the Prevention and Control of Communicable Diseases Law.
1. The Ministry of Health and Sports is carrying out preventive measures against (Coronavirus Disease 2019 – COVID-19) in real-time. Due to the increasing numbers of confirmed cases, including those with neither travel history nor exposed to positive cases, in Yangon Region, people residing in some townships are required to live under the “Stay-at-Home” programme in order to effectively control the spread of the disease.
2. It is hereby announced that people residing in the following townships in Yangon Region are included in the Stay-at-Home programme:
a. South Okkalapa
e. Dagon Myothit (north)
i. Mingalar Taungnyunt
j. Dagon Myothit (South)
o. Dagon Myothit (East)
r. Dagon Myothit (Seikkan)
3. People from the said 21 townships included in the Stay-at-Home programme shall follow the following rules:
a. To stay only at their homes (Those who need to perform their duties at government departments, organizations, companies, factories and workplaces not included)
b. Only one person per one household to go out for shopping for unavoidable circumstances.
c. Only two persons per household to go to hospital or clinic if a need arises.
d. To put on masks when going outside.
e. To allow only authorized vehicles, and buses providing transport service to those who are going to workplaces to perform their duties, to pass through the wards.
f. The vehicle is to carry only a driver and a passenger for going shopping in the ward, and only a driver and two persons for going to hospital or clinic.
4. Regarding matters relating to Clauses b, c and f of Paragraph 3, if more passengers need to ride on the vehicle or to go for other emergencies, they are to seek approval from the respective Ward Administration Office to go outside, and the responsible persons of the respective Ward Administration Office shall not allow anyone to go out or come in to their wards except those who are going out and coming in to assume their charge of duties.
5. Action will be taken against those who fail to abide by this order under the existing laws.
6. This order comes into effect from 8 pm on 10 September 2020.
Dr Myint Htwe
Union Minister for Health and Sports