MOEE : 50 pc Myanmar households gain access to national grid

Ministry of Electricity and Energy holds press conference in Nay Pyi Taw yesterday.  Photo: MNA
Ministry of Electricity and Energy holds press conference in Nay Pyi Taw yesterday. Photo: MNA

The Ministry of Electricity and Energy held a press conference yesterday to explain their accomplishment in linking 50 per cent of all households in Myanmar to the national grid and of their future processes.
U Thura Aung Bo, Chief Engineer of the Electricity supply Enterprise Group, 5,448,706 from a total of 10,877,832 households across the nation are receiving electricity from the power grid as of December this year. He also explained the objectives of the electrification plans which aims to provide electricity to 5.98 million households (55% of nationwide number) in 2021-2022 FY, to 8.26 million households (75.95%) in 2025-2026 FY, and to 10.45 million households (96.07%) in 2030-2031 FY. He said the remaining 0.43 million households (3.93%) will be provided with alternative energy sources.
The Chief Engineer said they will commemorate the achievement of supplying electricity to half of the households in the entire country by 12 and 13 December in Nay Pyi Taw and other states and regions. MoEE officials then replied to questions from the media. — MNA (Translated by Zaw Htet Oo)

Share this post

Comments

Hot News
Hot News