MPs raise queries about immigration issues

Untitled-1Nay Pyi Taw, 15 June —  Offspring who was born of a Myanmar citizen parent and a foreigner will only be applied for the status of associate citizen, said U Win Myint, deputy minister for Immigration and Population to Pyithu Hluttaw on Monday.
In response to the query of U Zaw Tun, MP of Momauk constituency, U Win Myint said such newborn baby outside home country must be reported to the Myanmar missions within one year in the relevant countries, and the associate citizenship can be applied for the baby when he/she was brought into Myanmar.
When asked about travel permits of temporary identity card holders by MP U Ba Shein from Kyaukpyu constituency, the deputy minister also said as these persons have not been approved as citizens, they need travel permit in advance from the local officials in the registered areas.
He also denied such restriction is not meant to violate human rights, but to ensure security of temporary ID card holders and rule of law in the country.MNA

Share this post


Hot News
Hot News