National Development and Peace Party Chairman U Zaw Min presented party’s policy, stance and work programmes through radio and TV on 16 September.
Greetings to all esteemed citizens.
May you possess peace of mind and prosperity and be free from COVID-19.
I am the Chairman of the National Development and Peace Party, U Zaw Min.
Our objective is to establish a modern, developed and peaceful democratic nation. We will peacefully achieve this objective through united cooperation with all citizens that are peacefully coexisting together.
The National Development and Peace Party believes in the three causes of preventing the disintegration of the union, ethnic solidarity and perpetuating sovereignty as national duties towards a sus-tainable nation.
The policies of the National Development and Peace Party are as follow:
(a) National policy – Preventing disintegration of the union, preserving ethnic solidarity, and perpetuating sovereignty. We will prioritize these three causes and endeavour for the emergence of a de-veloped and peaceful nation.
(b) Political policy – We will prioritize the wellbeing and development of all citizens born and living in the Union of Myanmar through a disciplined multiparty democratic system.
(c) Economic policy – We will implement a free and fair market-based economic system.
(d) Foreign policy – We will prioritize policies on peaceful coexistence and practice foreign policy free of bias yet active and free.
(e) Defence policy – We will strive for a defence force that can fully protect the nation from internal and external dangers.
(f) Human rights policy – We will ensure the full rights and entitlements of all citizens in line with the Constitution.
(g) Religious and social policy – We will respect and implement the right to freedom of religion. We will support philanthropic efforts.
(h) Education policy – We will continuously strive to improve education for the entire population and ensure they meet international standards. We will develop the human resource of the nation.
(i) Collaboration policy—We will collaborate with political parties in line with our political policies.
(j) Health policy – We will strive for good health and longevity of all citizens.
(k) Cultural policy – We will preserve and promote our literature, culture and art heritage.
(a) National work programme – We will implement the following steps for non-disintegration of the union, preserving ethnic solidarity and perpetuating sovereignty:
(1) We will steadfastly hold on to the constitutional stipulation to prevent any region of the nation from breaking away.
(2) We will strive for equal development of each region’s socio-economy and infrastructure and peace.
(b) Political work programme – We will implement the following steps to ensure practical implemen-tation of a disciplined multi-party democratic system for the Union of Myanmar:
(1) We will perpetuate human rights in line with the designated standards and within the legal framework.
(2) We will strive for the emergence of democratic practices that balances freedom, fairness and peaceful coexistence in Myanmar’s new society.
(3) We will implement checks and balance between the legislative, executive and judicial branches of government essential to national sovereignty.
(c) Defence work programme – We will implement the following steps to ensure full protection from internal and external dangers on the nation:
(1) We will develop the Defence Services into a modern military.
(2) We will manage all citizens to be a part of national security.
(d) Economic work programme – We will implement the following steps to ensure a free and fair market-based economy in Myanmar:
(1) We will continuously strive for equal participation of the government, all regional organizations and private sector entities in relevant economic activities.
(2) We will strive to close the gap in economic inequality and between urban and rural development.
(3) We will strive to protect the possessions of all citizens.
(4) We will strive to ensure all citizens have access to basic needs, improving their livelihoods through employment opportunities, and increasing individual income.
In conclusion, the National Development and Peace Party will combine international and domestic experiences, while basing on human resources, to faithfully boost national economic development. Thus, we respectfully request you to cast your vote for us, and we pray for you to achieve all your wishes.
Be successful Myanmar.
Be peaceful Myanmar.
Be prosperous Myanmar.