National planning bill comes under discussion at Pyidaungsu Hluttaw

Union Minister for National Planning and Economic Development Dr Kan Zaw.
Union Minister for National Planning and Economic Development Dr Kan Zaw.

 

 

The Pyidaungsu Hluttaw on Thursday discussed the national planning bill of 2015-2016 fiscal year, with MPs at union level clarified the principle and projects covered in the bill.
Dr Kan Zaw, Union Minister for National Planning and Economic Development, suggested an appointment of a permanent official who can represent and take charge of the whole functions of the ministry as part of bridging the information gap between incoming and outgoing union ministers and deputy ministers, who are to serve a five-yea

Union Minister for Information  U Ye Htut.
Union Minister for Information
U Ye Htut.

r tenure of office.
Union Minister for Information U Ye Htut said his ministry saw a net profit of over K6 billion in 2011-2012 FY, over K3 billion in 2013-14 FY, and over K6 billion in 2014-2015 FY, expecting a net revenue of over K4 billion this fiscal year. He went on to say that there is no loss from the state budgets in transforming the dailies to public-oriented ones.
Union Minister for Health Dr Than Aung pledged a 90% budget spending on public health care and remaining 10% on developing human resources and research projects.
Union Minister for Finance U Win Shein recommended that education budgets should cover other ministries that have universities, colleges and high schools instead of the Ministry of Education alone. He described financial issues as so sensitive that tight control is essential for avoidance of unwanted consequences.

Union Minister for Finance  U Win Shein.
Union Minister for Finance
U Win Shein.

Other ministries and union-level offices explained their respective operations to the parliament.

Share this post
Hot News
Hot News