(8:00 p.m., 12-3-2020)
1. The Ministry of Health and Sports is continuously conducting surveillance on COVID-19 acute respiratory disease at international entry/exit gates, in hospital-based and community-based processes, and in collaboration with private hospitals.
2. There are 14 quarantined patients under surveillance in respective hospitals between 6 p.m., 11-3-2020, to 6 p.m., 12-3-2020. Their lab samples have been sent to the National Health Laboratory (Yangon).
3. The lab results of 4 of the aforementioned patients have showed they do not have COVID-19.
4. The lab results of 8 Myanmar nationals quarantined at South Okkalapa Maternal and Child Hospital and a patient at Shwepantaw community hospital, Aunglan Township, Magway Region, show they do not have COVID-19.
5. Sixteen quarantined patients are currently under surveillance as of 6 p.m., 12-3-2020.
6. As of 12-3-2020, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Myanmar, but nonetheless, surveillance activities are actively in progress. COVID-19 is currently spread across neighboring China and 114 countries around the world. WHO recently declared the virus a pandemic and the general public is advised to closely follow the healthcare guidelines published by the Ministry of Health and Sports.—Ministry of Health and Sports (Translated by Zaw Htet Oo)