(8 pm, 21-3-2020)
1. The Ministry of Health and Sports has been conducting monitoring activities on the COVID-19 acute respiratory disease, which has spread throughout China and some countries around the world, at international entry-exit checkpoints, hospital-based, community-based and in cooperation with private hospitals.
2. There have been 12 new patients for quarantine of the COVID-19 disease as of 6 pm from 20-3-2020 to 6 pm of 21-3-2020.
3. According to a report from the National Health Laboratory (NHL) (Yangon), out of the patients who were put in isolation wards, the lab results of 11 patients reveal they do not have COVID-2019.
4. The lab result of a 37-year-old male from Shwepyitha, Yangon Region, who passed away at the Magway General Hospital in Magway on 20-3-2020 shows he did not have COVID-19. Visiting Mawgay, he suffered from fever, coughing and tiredness and was admitted to the Magway General Hospital on 19-3-2020. While he was in an isolation wards at the hospital, the National Health Laboratory (NHL) (Yangon) tested his case and showed that he has only liver disease and did not have COVID-19.
5. The lab result of two Myanmar nationals quarantined in South Okkalapa Maternal and Child Hospital on 21-3-2020 show they do not have COVID-19.
6. The results 11 quarantined patients returned at 8 p.m. on 21-3-2020 and show they do not have COVID-19.
7. There are currently no patients under quarantine as of 21-3-2020, and neither has there been any confirmed case of COVID-2019. Monitoring activities are continued with full momentum. COVID-19 has spread across China and 177 other countries among our neighbours and the world. The public is urged to adhere to the disease protection health information published by the Ministry of Health and Sports.—MoHS (Translated by Kyaw Zin Tun)