1. The National Health Laboratory released the results of their second batch of testing of 163 lab specimens at 10:00 pm on 8-5-2020 and discovered a new case of COVID-19.
2. There are currently 177 COVID-19 positive cases in Myanmar as of 10:00 pm, 8-5-2020.
3. Out of confirmed cases, a total of 67 persons have recovered, and 43 of them have been discharged from the hospitals. They will be kept under isolation at the designated places.
4. There have been 6 deaths among confirmed cases.
5. On 8 May, 256 samples from NHL (Yangon), 93 samples from DMR, 233 samples from No (2) Defence Services Hospital in Nay Pyi Taw were tested.
Ministry of Health and Sports (Translated by Zaw Htet Oo)