Only OWIC holders to be allowed to work in foreign countries

An advert and sample card of OWIC for migrant workers going to work in Japan.

The Ministry of Labour has announced that migrant workers will be allowed to work abroad only if they hold an Overseas Workers Identification Card (OWIC).
The statement was issued after the so-called ministry of labour of the National Unity Government-NUG, which has been declared a terrorist organization by the State Administration Council, announced that the OWIC will be replaced by the Overseas Employment Registration Card (OERC).
According to the 1999 Foreign Employment Law, the Ministry of Labour has been issuing the OWIC for a term of five years for those who are going to work abroad, and they will be allowed to travel abroad through international airports and land borders only if they are the OWIC holders.
The MoL has also announced that those who are found applying for the OERC or in the possession of the OERC will be blacklisted and entry/exit of the country will be banned. In addition, action will also be taken under the Counter-Terrorism Law and the existing laws and regulations.
“Holders of PJ passport (passport for the job) have to apply for an OWIC Smart Card, without it, the immigration will send them back,” said Ko Ko Naing, a resident in Sangyoung who is going to work in Japan.
Workers will be required to submit the Offer Letter or Demand Letter (copy), Visa (copy), Employment Contract (copy), passport (copy), graduate certificate or certificate of profession, and the application form to the Director-General, Department of Labour, at No 51, Ministry of Labour, Nay Pyi Taw by express courier.
“After the submission, it is necessary to call the Labour Office in Nay Pyi Taw and ask if the application is received and when to attend the training; You can check for the training on the Safe Migration Page every day, and after the training, the certificate and the email address have to be sent to the Nay Pyi Taw office,” Ko Ko Naing said. He also added that the card must be withdrawn at the Panglong hall in Dagon Myothit (North) Township. — TWA/GNLM

Share this post
Hot News
Hot News