Plan underway for fish trucks to enter market via land route

IMG 20200503 165732 72
Trucks carrying fishes seen in Yangon. Photo: Myint Maung
Trucks carrying fishes seen in Yangon. Photo: Myint Maung

With the delayed trade flow into the Central Sanpya fish market, the plan is underway for the fish trucks to enter the fish market via land route systematically, said Yangon Region Hluttaw Representative U Khin Win.
Previously, only those fish entering via sea routes were allowed to sell in the Central Sanpya fish market to prevent people from being crowded so that coronavirus spreading can be prevented and controlled.
A coordination meeting was held at the National League for Democracy office in Kyimyintdine Township on 2 May with the regional Hluttaw representatives and the Central Sanpya fish market committee members in attendance.
“To prevent people from being crowded in coronavirus spread, half of the supply of the fish to the Central Sanpya fish market was sent to Shwe Padauk fish market as this half entered via land routes. This being so, Sanpya Fish Market is being faced with the shortage of fish supply. Thus, a total of 146 fish traders from Central Sanpya fish market are being faced with difficulties. The rising of the fish prices affected the flow of trade. So, a proposal is to be submitted to the municipal in order to allow the fish trucks to enter via land routes systematically,” he said.
Around 400,000 or 500,000 visses of fish are entering the market daily. Among them, 80 per cent of the fish are entering by the frozen container trucks via land route while the remaining 20 per cent are entering by vessels via sea routes.
During the coronavirus prevention and control period, the Yangon City Development Committee (YCDC) has restricted the purchasing vehicles and the container vehicles from entering the market before 5 am on 24 April to reduce the crowding and to control shortage of the cargos.—Myint Maung (Translated by Hay Mar)

Share this post
Hot News
Hot News
23 September 2021
Start preparations to harvest short-term species of monsoon paddy
Myanmar to play Singapore in ASEAN Suzuki Cup opener
Myanmar ships over 2.2 mln tonnes of corn to international trade partners this FY
Muse border trade down by 24% as of 10 Sept
Myanmar’s bilateral trade with Germany reaches $460 mln in past ten months
16 acres of avocado cultivation completed in Naga area this year
Pansodan-Dala ferries increase service routes for convenience of passengers
Over 600 acres of coffee cultivated in Sagaing Region
Extremists arrested for explosive actions in Hline Township, Yangon Region