Fullmoon of Pyatho 1382 ME
(27 January 2021)
1. The National-Level Central Committee on Prevention, Control and Treatment of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) deems it necessary to continue implementing preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 and made an announcement on 29 December 2020 that all directives, notifications, requests to the public, and orders issued by Union-level institutions and ministries regarding the prevention, control and treatment of COVID-19 until 31 December 2020 (excluding those that have been ordered to be eased) will be extended to 31 January 2021.
2. To relieve economic and psychological hardships of public amid COVID-19 to a certain degree, the Ministry of Electricity and Energy has exempted electricity bill for 150 units every month until 31 December.
3. The Ministry of Electricity and Energy will extend the exemption up to 31 January amid the prevailing COVID-19 control measures.
4. Thus, a total of 150 units from domestic consumption between 1 and 31 January 2021 for residential homes, religious buildings, and domestic humanitarian groups (excluding embassies, UN agencies and international organizations) will be deducted from the electricity bill for those dates.
5. All relevant households that have consumed from 1 to 150 units of electricity will have their meter bill and service fees exempted (free of charge) while consumption of 151 units and above will have K11,550 for 150 units deducted from the total meter bill.
6. Domestic consumption of 151 units and above will have to make payments according to the different levels of consumption rate. Local civil society organizations in the NGO category are the only type of non-domestic consumers that will have the exemption applied to them. The other non-domestic types will have to continue payments at regular rates.
Ministry of Electricity and Energy