Pyithu Hluttaw discusses education, livestock sectors

Untitled 2copy 2

U Tun Tun, of Pwintbyu constituency, raised a question on the plan to send outstanding graduate students on scholarship to foreign countries, during the 26th-day meeting of the seventh session of the second Pyithu Hluttaw yesterday.
Union Civil Service Board Chairman U Win Thein replied that the Ministry of Education was selecting and sending qualified students attending post graduate courses to foreign education institutions, whenever it received a scholarship invitation/proposal from foreign educational institutions.
Invitations/proposals for scholarship are forwarded to relevant universities, where written and personal interviews are conducted for students entitled to attend the courses, and those selected are then sent abroad, according to the procedure and regulations.
After the foreign scholarship assessment and selection committee is informed of the wide-ranging courses that can be freely applied to, news about this is distributed, and interested students can apply to attend the course. If selected by the respective course, the students are sent abroad, according to the procedure and regulations. Students can also apply for scholarships online with the approval of the Ministry of Education, and those accepted are sent according to the procedure and regulations.
Arrangements have also been made to enable outstanding students to get quality education by upgrading Yangon University, Mandalay University and Yangon Technology University into centres of excellence and providing opportunities to continue further studies abroad through the appointment of an education attaché and selection for
state scholarships, explained the Union Civil Service Board Chairman.
A question by Daw Khin Saw Wai of Yathedaung constituency on the deployment of police posts and stations in the five police areas of Yatheduang Township was then answered by Deputy Minister for Home Affairs Maj-Gen Aung Soe, who also gave details about future deployment plans.
Next, Deputy Minister for Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation U Hla Kyaw responded to a question raised by Dr. U Than Aung Soe of Minhla constituency on how people who wanted to start the livestock business could acquire permission for land. The Deputy Minister said land permission was granted to those who wanted to start the livestock business. For those who want to start a livestock business on farm land, application can be made according to the 2012 Farmland Law and Rules, and for those who want to start the livestock business on vacant, fallow and virgin land, they can apply to do so according to the Vacant, Fallow and Virgin Land Management Law and Rules, replied the Deputy Minister.


Aye Aye Thant (MNA)

Share this post


Hot News
Hot News