8th Waxing of Wagaung, 1382 ME
(26 August 2020)
The Ministry of Health and Sports has issued this order in exercise of the rights contained in Section 21, sub-section (b) of the Prevention and Control of Communicable Diseases Law.
1. As the Ministry of Health and Sports is carrying out preventive measures against (Coronavirus Disease 2019 – COVID-19) in real-time, people residing in respective townships are required to “Stay-at-Home” in order to effectively control the spread of the disease.
2. It is hereby announced that people residing in ALL Townships in Rakhine State are included in the Stay-at-Home programme:
3. People from the ALL Townships included in the Stay-at-Home programme must follow the following rules:
a. To stay only at their homes (Those who need to perform their duties at government departments, organizations, companies, factories and workplaces not included)
b. Only one person per one household to go out for necessary shopping
c. Only two persons per household to go to hospital or clinic if a need arises
d. To wear masks when going outside
e. To allow only authorized vehicles, and ferries providing transportation service to those who are to going to workplaces to perform their duties, to pass through the wards
f. The vehicle is to carry only a driver and a passenger for going shopping in the ward, and only a driver and two persons for going to hospital or clinic
4. Regarding matters relating to Clauses b, c and f of Paragraph 3, if more persons need to ride on the vehicle or to go for other emergencies, they are to seek approval from the respective Ward Administration Office to go outside, and the responsible persons of the respective Ward Administration Office shall not allow anyone to go out or come in to their wards except those who are going out and coming in to assume their charge of duties.
5. Action will be taken against those who fail to abide by this order under the Prevention and Control of Communicable Diseases Law.
6. This order comes into effect from 8 am 27-8-2020.
7. This order will invalidate Order 93/2020 dated on 20-8-2020, and Order 96/2020 dated on 25-8-2020.
Dr Myint Htwe
Ministry of Health and Sports