Residents urged to take precautions against smoke from garbage fire

000 1494G5 72The Ministry of Health and Sports has pointed out the health hazards caused by smokes and carbon monoxide after several people suffered from coughing and choking after inhaling noxious smoke produced by a fire at a dumpsite in Hlinethaya Township.
The fire started on 21 April, and the foul-smelling smoke from the burning garbage has affected several townships in western Yangon.
The ministry’s announcement has alerted the people to take precautions against the poisonous carbon monoxide, urging them to seek help from local authorities to escape from dense smoke when necessary.
The statement also mentioned the health problems caused by the smoke and fumes, which should be treated at a hospital immediately.
So far, about 15 people have been sent to hospital and more than 60 received health care from mobile health care vehicles, according to the Myanma Alinn daily in its 24 April issue, quoting U Zaw Oo, Ward 20 Administrator of Hlinethaya Township.—GNLM

Share this post
Hot News
Hot News