The high-level delegation led by Chairman of the State Administration Council Prime Minister Senior General Min Aung Hlaing, who is currently in the Russian Federation, visited the Makarov Pacific Higher Naval School in Vladivostok, the Pacific Fleet Headquarters and the Commercial Port of Vladivostok yesterday.
On arrival at Makarov Pacific Higher Naval School in the morning, the Senior General and party were welcomed by Commandant Rear-Admiral Vladimir Vasilievich Burakov and party.
The commandant explained the settlement of trainee hostels and departments in the compound of the training school, the selection of trainees on a yearly basis for their attendance, conducting of training for trainees in respective training terms and subjects, and the brief history of training. The Senior General asked what he wanted to know.
The Senior General and party viewed systematic training in the classrooms with use of teaching aids and multimedia rooms at the naval school, practical training of trainees at the mechanical workshops, fulfilling of food supply, accommodation and administrative measures for convenience of trainees, running of the library in IT technology, test-running of the solar-powered vessel innovated by trainees, maintenance unit and hostels. The commandant, senior officer instructors of respective units and trainees conducted the Senior General round the units. The Senior General asked about further information and what he wanted to know.
The Senior General signed the guests’ book of the school and presented the gift to the commandant and officials, who returned the gifts.
The Senior General replied to queries and suggestions raised by media trainees from the naval school and left.
The Makarov Pacific Higher Naval School is under the control of the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation to commission the officers for the Pacific Fleet of Russia. It was established as the third naval school of Russia on 8 November 1937.
On arrival at the Pacific Fleet Headquarters, the Senior General and party were welcomed by Deputy Commander of the Pacific Navy Fleet Rear-Admiral Vladimir Astakhov and officials who explained the maintenance of submarines at the headquarters and facilitation of logistic measures for these submarines. The Senior General asked for further information on what he wanted to know. The Senior General and the Deputy Commander of the Pacific Navy Fleet exchanged gifts.
The Pacific Fleet Headquarters is conducting naval exercises in the water territory of Russia while serving the security duty of the State every day and night.
In the evening, the Senior General and party visited the Commercial Port of Vladivostok where they were welcomed by the Head of Far Eastern Shipyard Company (FESC) Mr Andrey Severilov and members of the Board of Directors. The head of Far Eastern Shipyard Company (FESC) explained the functions of the company, efforts for the flow of commodities together with Southeast Asian countries and the potential for operating port measures and commodity transport with Myanmar.
The Senior General discussed the potential for enhancing the trade sector between the Russian Federation and Myanmar and commodity transport, and other necessary measures that he wanted to know. Then, they exchanged gifts.
The Senior General and party visited the port where Managing Director Mr Vladimir Korchanov of Commercial Port of Vladivostok and officials explained the functions of container terminal and universal terminal, operation of FESC by private-owned vessels, containers, railways and road transport vehicles. After asking for information about what he wanted to know, the Senior General and party posed for documentary photos.
The Commercial Port of Vladivostok was built as the Russian Naval Headquarters in 1872. During World War I, the port was primarily used for military transport measures. In the Second World War, some cargo ships of foreign countries started docking at the port. In the 1950s, foreign vessels anchored there, and it was named the Commercial Port of Vladivostok in 1990. It is the largest port in the eastern part of the Russian Federation. — MNA