Shwegugyi Pagoda in Bagan Archaeological Zone attracts pilgrims from across Myanmar

The Department of Archeology and National Museum (Bagan Branch) said that when visiting Shwegugyi Pagoda in Bagan-NyaungU Archaeological Zone, NyaungU Township, Mandalay Region, pilgrimage can study the interior works and mural paintings.
The Shwegugyi Pagoda is located at the front of the palace and is also called Nan U Pagoda.
Excavated to the north and west of Shwegugyi Pagoda is the site of the Bagan era palace (Aung Myay Gone Palace area).
The Shwegugyi Pagoda was built in 1141 AD by King Alaung Sithu.
Shwegugyi Pagoda is a large Temple facing North, and there is a small staircase in the northwest corner climb up the pagoda.
Green-tiles, figures of spirits made of bricks, green glazed tiles, large doors carved with wooden carvings, and wall paintings decorated in the pagoda.
There are two original Pali inscriptions on the north wall of the temple, and the inscriptions contain the dates of the construction of the Shwegugyi Pagoda and the dates of the completion of the pagoda.
According to stone records, the pagoda was built in seven months.
In the southwest corner, a stone pillar inscribed in 1551, which was donated by King Bayintnaung, can also be observed.
On the south side of the Shwegugyi Pagoda, there are Thabbyinnyu Pagoda, Nathlyaungkyaung, Ngakywenataung Pagoda, and Pahtoethamya Pagoda.
On the west of the pagoda is Kandaw Palin Pagoda, while on the north and northwest of the pagoda are Aungmyaygon Palace, and Mahabawdhi Pagoda.
On the east side of the pagoda are Ananda Pagoda, Tabatkya Pagoda, Thandawkya Pagoda, Pitaka Building and Tharapa Gate.
In the Bagan Archaeological Zone, pilgrims can observe 3,822 pagodas with a variety of different construction styles. — Depalin/KZL

Share this post
Hot News
Hot News