The National Health Laboratory (Yangon) announced four more cases yesterday and the addition has brought the total number of COVID-19 positive cases to 111 on Sunday.
Announcement of MOHS on 8 pm on COVID-19 results on Sunday
1. The National Health Laboratory (Yangon) tested lab specimens of 4,147 people quarantined as of the evening of 18-4-2020 and 107 have tested positive for COVID-19 while 4,040 tested negative.
2. COVID-19 positive Case-011 is receiving medical treatment in Waibargi Specialist Hospital and is regaining health, and so is Case-015. The third and fourth lab tests for Case-011 and the second and third lab tests for Case-015 showed they tested negative for COVID-19
3. There are now 7 people who have tested negative for COVID-19 after two lab tests and they are Case-003, Case-004, Case-007, Case-009, Case-012, Case-011 and Case-015. Case-004 and Case-007 have been discharged from the hospital but remain under surveillance. The remaining 5 patients will soon be discharged as well.
4. There have been 107 positive cases with 5 dead, 2 discharged from the hospital and 100 receiving medical treatment as outlined in the table at the bottom. Out of the 100 hospital quarantines, 3 are under intensive care while 97 are in stable health.
5. There have been 89 new people put under surveillance between 18-4-2020, 12 p.m., to 19-4-2020, 12 p.m.
6. The National Health Laboratory (Yangon) released an announcement on 19-4-2020, 6:30 p.m., that said from the first batch of 188 lab specimens tested, one person tested positive for COVID-19 and 187 tested negative.
7. The new positive patients for COVID-19 will be swiftyl put into hospital quarantine.
COVID-19 Lab results on 19 April 2020
|Total number of lab specimens tested on 19 April 2020||369|
|Positive COVID-19 cases||4|
|Negative COVID-19 cases||365|
COVID-19 positive patients receiving treatment at hospital
|No||Hospital||No. of positive patients|
|1||Specialist Hospital (Waibargi), Yangon||73|
|2||South Okkalapa Specialist Hospital, Yangon||14|
|3||People’s Hospital, Tiddim||4|
|4||People’s Hospital, Lashio||1|
|5||People’s Hospital, Mawlamyine||1|
|6||Sao San Tun Hospital, Taunggyi||1|
|7||People’s Hospital, Magway||1|
|8||People’s Hospital, Kengtung||2|
|9||People’s Hospital, Kalay||2|
|10||Kandawnadi Hospital, Mandalay||1|
Ministry of Health and Sports
(Translated by Zaw Htet Oo)