Update of COVID-19 cases in Myanmar till 8:00 pm on 21 April
1. The National Health Laboratory (Yangon) tested the specimens of 185 persons in the first group for COVID-19 up to 6:00 pm on 21 April 2020. Two persons were tested positive, while the remaining 183 persons negative.
2. These two patients will be transferred to the respective hospitals for medical treatments.
3. There are now a total of 121 confirmed cases in Myanmar up to 8 pm on 21 April.
4. A total of 9 persons have recovered and five persons died.
5. New 123 persons are now under investigation from 12 noon on 20 April to 12 noon on 21 April.
Laboratory results on COVID-19 Positive cases in the laboratory tests (first group)
on 21 April Up to 8:00 pm
|Case No.||Aged||Gender||Address||Close Contact with COVID-19 positive patients||Travel history to foreign country||Hospital for medical treatment||Laboratory Result||Remark|
|120||21||Female||Dagon Myothit (East)||No||No||Yangon General Hospital||Positive||Patients under investigation|
|121||21||Female||Taunggyi, Shan State (south)||No||Yes||Sao San Htun General Hospital||Positive||Under quarantine|
The remaining 183 persons are tested negative of COVID-19
Ministry of Health and Sports
(Translated by Aung Khin)