Update on COVID-19 cases in Myanmar till 8:00 pm on 16 April
1. The National Health Laboratory (Yangon) took laboratory tests on the 3,236 quarantined people till 16 April 2020 morning. Out of them, 85 patients were tested positive of COVID-19, while the remaining 3,151 persons were tested negative.
2. The following are the names of the hospitals where the patients with COVID-19 positive are being treated.
|Sr||Hospital for medical treatment||Numbers of patients with COVID-19 positive|
|1||Waibargi Specialist Hospital, Yangon||68|
|2||Tiddim Township People’s Hospital||4|
|3||Lashio General Hospital||1|
|4||Mawlamyine General Hospital||1|
|5||Sao San Htun Hospital, Taunggyi||1|
|6||Magway General Hospital||1|
|7||Kengtung People’s Hospital||1|
|8||Kalay People’s Hospital||1|
|9||Kandaw Nadi Hospital, Mandalay||1|
* Two patients who recovered from the COVID-19 positive were under quarantine for two weeks.
* So far COVID-19 death toll is four.
3. There are 119 new patients under observation between 15-4-2020 and 16-4-2020, 12 noon.
4. The National Health Laboratory (Yangon) released the first batch of test results from among 102 lab specimens, 16-4-2020. All of them tested negative. — Ministry of Health and Sports
(Translated by TTN)