Two houses destroyed by kitchen fire in Mawlamyine


A kitchen fire gutted two houses on 14 January on Hninsi 3rd street in Zayarthiri Ward of Mawlamyine Town. There were no casualties.
According to investigators, the fire started in U Tun Hla’s house on Hninsi 3rd street after he forgot to turn off the kitchen stove. The fire quickly got out of control and spread to his neighbour’s house.
The kitchen fire destroyed U Hla Tun’s house, measuring 35x14x15 feet, and U Maw Si (a) U Thet Myo Min’s house, measuring 45x18x15 ft.
The Fire Services Department rushed to the scene and put out the blaze within 20 minutes.
The police have filed a case against U Tun Hla, 41, under Section 285 of the Penal Code. —Moe Tauk (Shwebo) (Translated by Hay Mar)

Share this post
Hot News
Hot News