1. On the evening of 6-5-2020, the National Health Laboratory (Yangon) released the results of 94 lab specimens from persons under surveillance and in quarantine, 172 lab specimens from the Department of Medical Research, and 56 lab specimens from the Tatmadaw 1000-Bedded Hospital (2) in Nay Pyi Taw. The results show that all 322 lab specimens tested negative for COVID-19.
2. There are currently 161 positive COVID-19 cases in Myanmar as of 8 pm on 6-5-2020.
3. A total of 50 old confirmed cases tested no longer having the virus after being retested twice as of 6-5-2020.
4. There have been 6 deaths from among the virus-positive patients.
5. There have been 81 new persons under surveillance between 12 pm of 5-5-2020 to 12 p.m. of 6-5-2020.
Ministry of Health and Sports
56 persons tested negative despite close contacts with COVID-19 patient soldier
The news has been released on 4 and 5 May about COVID-19 infection to a member of Defence Services in Nay Pyi Taw Command area, and quarantine of 363 persons with contact to him; their specimens were tested by the COBAS 6800 analyzer at the No.2 Defence Services General Hospital in Nay Pyi Taw, and found negative (Negative).
Moreover, the remaining 56 persons in close contacts with the infected soldier were also tested by the COBAS 6800 analyzer in Nay Pyi Taw, and all the results have shown negative (Negative).
The infected soldier is receiving medical treatments at the Defence Services General Hospital in Nay Pyi Taw, and he is in good health conditions. Meanwhile, those with negative results remain under quarantine in accordance with guidelines of COVID-19, according the report of the Office of Commander in Chief of Defence Services.—MNA (Translated by Aung Khin)