1. The Ministry of Health and Sports is closely monitoring and conducting surveillance on the Covid-19 at international gateways, at the public hospitals, community-based monitoring and private healthcare facilities.
2. There were 36 new persons under investigation between 6 pm on 31 March and 6 pm on 1 April.
3. Laboratory results of the National Health Laboratory (Yangon) on specimen from a total of 57 persons under investigation and quarantined persons at 7:30 pm 1 April 2020 has shown one positive case of Covid-19 (Table 1), and the remaining 55 persons were tested negative.
4. The Case 16 patient is a 63-year old Myanmar woman living in Yaekyi Township, Ayeyawady Region. She welcomed back her son who returned from Dubai at the Yangon International Airport on 15 March. She stayed at a home with her son in North Okkalapa Township. After two weeks, she began suffering fatigue, and was admitted to the North Okkalapa Hospital as she got more weariness and fever on 31 March. She was isolated as the person under investigation, and her specimens were taken for laboratory tests. She will be admitted to the Waibargi hospital and is being given intensive care as she has got diabetes.
5. Out of 15 Covid-19 positive cases, 1 is at Tiddim hospital in Chin State, 10 at Waibargi hospital, 1 at Kandawnadi hospital in Mandalay, 1 at Nay Pyi Taw People’s Hospital, 1 at Lashio People’s Hospital. Health conditions of 14 positive patients are good and one patient at Waibargi hospital is being isolated for intensive care.
6. As Myanmar has found more Covid-19 positive cases, persons in close contacts with these patients are identified and restricted on their travels. People are advised to strictly follow the awareness of the Ministry of Health and Sports.
Laboratory results on Covid-19, 8: 00 pm, 1 April 2020
|Sr||Age (year)||Gender||Travel History in |
previous 14 days
|Place for medical treatment||Quarantine/Admission Date to hospital||Lab result on Covid-19|
|16||63||Female||No||North Okkalapa Hospital||31 March||Positive|