1. The Ministry of Health and Sports is closely monitoring and conducting surveillance on the COVID-19, medical tests and effective treatments, identifying closed persons with positive patients for quarantines, hospital admission if necessary, getting information about the returnees from foreign countries by contacting with local authorities and relevant departments, releasing news about the disease for the public.
2. There were 19 new cases under investigation between 6 pm on 6 April and 6 pm on 7 April.
3. Laboratory results of the National Health Laboratory (Yangon) on specimens from a total of 32 persons under investigation and the persons under the quarantines of homes or hospitals on 7 April 2020 have shown negative.
4. Out of 21 positive cases, 1 is at Tiddim hospital in Chin State, 21 at Waibargi hospital, 1 at Kandawnadi hospital in Mandalay, 1 at Nay Pyi Taw People’s Hospital, 1 at Lashio People’s Hospital, and 3 at Pyay Hospital referred from Paukkaung Township of Bago Region. Health conditions of 19 positive patients are good. One patient at Waibargi hospital and one patient at Pyay People’s Hospital are being isolated for intensive care.
5. Myanmar has found a total of 22 cases of COVID-19 from 23 March to 7 April. People are advised to strictly follow the awareness of the Ministry of Health and Sports to prevent transmission of disease to the family members and communities.
(Translated by Aung Khin)