Site icon Global New Light Of Myanmar

Yangon Mayor inspects water supply, greenery and road development

Yangon Region Development Affairs Minister Yangon City Development Committee Chairman (Mayor) U Bo Htay and officials visited Hlawga watershed area in Pyinmabin Village, Mingaladon Township yesterday and inspected the planting of trees and the preparation for further growing of trees.
At Hlawga Reservoir in Mingaladon Township, he inspected the reservoirs and water filters.
They met with officials from the Engineering Department (Water and Sanitation) in the meeting hall of the Hlawga Reservoir, and fulfilled the necessary orders and watched the families of employees playing futsal.
The Hlawga Reservoir is a type of earthen dam that was built in 1900 and completed in 1904 to supply water to Yangon. It was able to store 12,000 million gallons of water.
Water has been supplied from Phugyi Lake into Hlawga Reservoir since 1989 and through Aung Dagun water pump since 2010. Now, water is being supplied from the Zukkanok Lake.
It is reported that 90 million gallons of water has been added to the Phugyi pipeline from the Kankalay Hline river pumping project in Hmawby Township.
Next, the mayor visited the Mingalar Lake between No. 1 Defence Services General Hospital and the Defence Services Medical Academy of Migaladon Township.
At the intersection of Mindhamma Road on the southern side of Parami Road in Ward 12 in Hline Township, the mayor inspected the construction of an 8-foot wide bicycle path by laying a drain cover slab on the brick drain between Mindhamma Road and Thamine College Road, including landscaping between Mindhamma Road and Insein Road.
He also inspected the construction of a pedestrian and bicycle path, including landscaping, between Thamine College Road and the Department of Applied Geology.—MNA

Exit mobile version