Financial management refresher course conducted for Basic Education Sector

DSC07916 sskm

The Ministry of Education launched financial management refresher course for Basic Education Sector yesterday.
Union Minister Dr Nyunt Pe and other officials attended the opening ceremony.
During the event, the Union Minister briefed attendees on the aim of conducting the course, 85 per cent of the budget used for the basic education sector out of three main sectors of the ministry: the basic education sector, the higher education sector, and the technical and vocational sectors. In contrast, the remaining 15 per cent of the budget is used for other sectors and difficulties in using the budget for this sector.
The Union Minister also urged the trainees to concentrate on the short-term training. It should use the allocated budget effectively and repair the damaged school buildings if natural disasters hit them. The region, state, district and township education officers, including headmasters, should cooperate in using the budget.
The ministry also keeps carrying out the plans under National Education Strategic Plan (NESP). The curriculums will not be changed. Then, the Union Minister stressed the need to promote the education sector of the country.
Deputy Minister U Zaw Win explained the effective use of budgets by the officials of the finance department. The two-day training will offer three subjects—Planning and Budgeting, Financial Management and Financial Rules and Regulations. — MNA

Share this post
Hot News
Hot News