Bagan Pitaka Chamber

1

The people can study the chambers of Pitaka treatises (Pitaka Chamber) during their visit to Bagan ancient cultural zone of NyaungU Township in Mandalay Region.
Pitaka chamber means library of Buddhist Scriptures. It was constructed by King Anawrahta in 1058 AD to keep three Pitaka treatises conveyed from Thaton and renovated by King Bodaw in 1873.
The unusual architecture of the building is that the spire surmounts the five multiple roofs and peacock-like finials are decorated at the roof corners.
The Tharabar gate, Shwe Kun Char pagoda, Wutt Kyway Taw pagoda are in the northern part of Pitaka Chamber while Ananda pagoda, Atatkya pagoda in the east, Thatbinnyu, Sin Myar Shin, Gayochoe pagodas in the south, Nathlaungkyaung, NanOo pagoda (or) Shwegu Gyi pagoda and Aung Myay Gone Nan Taw in the south west, according to Department of Archaeology and National Museum (Bagan Branch).—Dipa Lin /KTZH

Share this post
Hot News
Hot News
Buyers prefer second-hand motorcycles in Mandalay
Action taken against undocumented alms-seekers in Ottwin Township for clean Sasana
Model pagodas with full Myanmar cultural essence attract more interest
Taninthayi-produced areca nuts receive Thailand buyers
Myanmar’s rice, maize exports show upward trajectory
Yangon Region offers over 980 hotels, accommodations for year-round tourists
Heilongjiang General Chamber of Commerce established in Myanmar
NSPNC holds meetings with political parties working group
Myanmar, India discuss trade, investment at Lucknow Business Conclave 2024
Union Price Stability Committee meeting 2/2024 held