Thilawa Port’s frontage road construction 65% finished

428628 sskm
The photo shows Yangon Region Chief Minister U Soe Thein is observing the expansion of the frontage road of the Thilawa Port and establishing the lamp-posts along the traffic island.

According to the Yangon City Development Committee (YCDC), the construction process of the frontage road of the Thilawa Port has been finished at 65 per cent so far.
The coordinating meeting on constructing the frontage road was held on 22 February at the Yangon City Hall. The chairman of the YCDC (Mayor) urged all to install junctions at the necessary corners and places so as to ensure the safety and convenience of the automobiles on the frontage street of the Thilawa Port, to finish the construction processes within the targeted period, to grow plants and trees for ensuring the green environment along the road, to build the bus-stops along the road, and to build the modern lamp-posts for ensuring to have enough lighting at night.”
He also urged officials to prioritize the long-term sustainability of the road after its completion, to monitor every step of the construction of the road within the established timeframe, and to practice measures to ensure traffic safety in the road construction.
The Thilawa Port frontage road has been constructing as per the road design submitted by the Ministry of Construction within the targeted timeframe in accordance with the criteria and standards. At present, 65 per cent of the construction project has been completed and the remaining 35 per cent is underway. Constructing the lamp-posts along the traffic island will be carried out coordinating with the Yangon Electricity Supply Corporation. — TWA/ TMT

Share this post
Hot News
Hot News
Myanmar border trade with China crosses over US$586M in Q1
MoH Announcement on Severe Diarrhoea Outbreak Control in Yangon Region
Union Industry Minister attends 14th Industrial Expo in Russia
SAC Member inspects regional development activities in Maubin District
DPM MoFA Union Minister pays joint courtesy call on Indian Prime Minister and holds separate talks with Thai, Indian and Bangladeshi Foreign Ministers on sidelines of 2nd BIMSTEC FM Retreat in New Delhi
Myanmar Embassy in Beijing offers alms to monks visiting China
Rehabilitation gaining momentum in Loikaw of Kayah State
MRF executives discuss boosting seller participation in affordable rice scheme
Kayin State to extend revenue spaces
14 July 2024