SAC Chairman Prime Minister Senior General Min Aung Hlaing inspects stadium, sports grounds in Yangon

DSC 9559 sskm
State Administration Council Chairman Prime Minister Senior General Min Aung Hlaing and party pay an inspection tour of the Kyaikkasan Playground in Yangon on 7 October 2021.

Chairman of the State Administration Council Prime Minister Senior General Min Aung Hlaing, accompanied by Members of the State Administration Council General Mya Tun Oo, General Maung Maung Kyaw, Lt-Gen Moe Myint Tun, U Thein Nyunt, U Khin Maung Swe, Joint-Secretary of the Council Lt-Gen Ye Win Oo, Union Ministers U Tin Htut Oo, U Hla Moe, U Aung Than Oo, Dr Charlie Than, U Khin Yi, Dr Thet Khaing Win and U Min Thein Zan, Yangon Region Chief Minister U Hla Soe, senior military officers from the Office of the Commander-in-Chief, the Commander of the Yangon Command, Mayor and officials, inspected Aung San Stadium in Mingala Taungnyunt Township, and Kyaikkasan Sports Grounds in Tamway Township yesterday.
The Chairman of the State Administration Council the Prime Minister and party arrived firstly at Aung San Stadium and inspected for the reconstruction of the stadium, and the Union Minister for Sport and Youth Affairs and officials presented the condition.
At the meeting hall of the stadium, Union Minister U Min Thein Zan explained the facts about the stadium, its brief history and the damage situation of the buildings. In his response, the Chairman of the State Administration Council said Aung San Stadium is 112 years old and was one of the best in South-East Asia. In upgrading the stadium, consideration must be given to holding international standard events, and it is necessary to include parking lots, overpasses and tunnels for the convenience of spectators and bus stops. He instructed to provide athletes currently training at the stadium with training facilities during the construction work.
Aung San Stadium was established in 1906 and its original name was Burma Athletic Association Ground (BAA). In addition to popular domestic and international sports events, a special commemorative exhibition, the Holiday on Ice, was held in the stadium. On 17 October 1953, the original name was changed to Aung San Stadium.
In the evening, the Chairman of the State Administration Council, Prime Minister and party arrived at Kyaikkasan Basketball Gymnasium and Sports and Physical Education Institute (Kyaikkasan Grounds) and gave instructions on the conditions for upgrade works, the conditions required for the actual training of the athletes and the conditions for the promotion of the national sports sector.—MNA

Share this post
Hot News
Hot News
New Mobile Pay System for Toll Collection on Thanlyin Bridge 3
Laundry basket air cooler made by Shwepyitha man attracts pubic attention
Not only older people but kids also die from heat stroke
Bagan’s murals show ancient link with middle east
18 deaths inYBS accidents from January to mid-May this year
Myanmar, Russia to enhance cooperation in aerospace technology
MNHRC inspects Kengtung Prison, Tachilek Jail, Monghsat Prison, Kengtung and Tachilek Homes for the Aged, Kengtung Police Lock-up
MoH Union Minister inspects Taikkyi Township People’s Hospital
Union EP Minister inspects solar power and substation projects in Kyaukse, Thazi, Meiktila townships
MoALI holds meeting on boosting domestic cooking oil production