8 pm, 25-3-2020
1. The Ministry of Health and Sports is conducting surveillance for COVID-19 at international entry/exit gates, in hospitals, communities and in collaboration with private hospitals.
2. There are 38 new patients under surveillance between 24-3-2020 to 25-3-2020.
3. A total of 59 patients are under hospital quarantines as of 8 p.m., 25-3-2020, and the results of their lab tests will be made public in real time.
4. Two family members who have been in close contact with the 26-year-old male in Insein Township, Yangon Region, who tested positive for COVID-19 have been quarantined in the hospital. The other 9 people who have been in close contact are quarantined in their home.
-The patient who tested positive was on the UB 701 flight from Bangkok to Yangon on 21-3-2020 and was seated in aisle 3. Passengers who were in aisles 1 to 6 are strongly advised to contact their nearest health departments and self-quarantine themselves in their homes.
– The ministry strongly urges people who have returned from countries with COVID-19 cases to restrict themselves to their homes and adhere to the health guidelines issued by MoHS. https://mohs.gov.mm/Main/content/publication/2019-ncov
5. Currently, 195 countries are infected with COVID-19 and the public is urged to adhere to the health guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health and Sports.