YIA, CEA welcome 4 millionth passenger

Airline copy

Yangon International Airport (YIA), and China Eastern Airlines welcomed its 4 millionth passenger yesterday.
Traveling from Kunming aboard China Eastern Airlines flight MU 2031, the lucky winner Ma Khin Phoo Thit arrived at YIA Terminal 1 at 4:30 PM and was warmly greeted by our welcoming party.
Ma Khin Phoo Thit (in pink coat) – the 4 millionth passenger at YIA in 2018 with the team members of YIA and China Eastern Airlines To celebrate the milestone, Ma Khin Phoo Thit was treated to a 1 Million MMK cash prize as well as other gifts valued at over 1 Million MMK. These include a two-night stay in Horizon Lakeview Hotel and Resort in Nay Pyi Taw, a Samsonite travel luggage, an Artisan made-in-Myanmar bag, a Samsonite passport holder, JBL wireless headphones, as well as other travel accessories. Travelers on the same flight also received complimentary duty-free vouchers and luggage tags as part of the occasion.
Setting the standard for high performance Ma Khin Phoo Thit said “I am very happy to be the lucky winner of YIA’s 4 millionth passenger event.
YIA is ready for future passenger demand as it is built to handle up to 20 million passengers, welcoming 5.92 million passengers in 2017. This represents 8.48% growth over 5.45 million passengers in 2016.
Of these, 66% or 3.93 million comprised international passengers and the other 34% or 1.99 million were domestic passengers. Overall air traffic movements increased by 11.05% in 2017 to 78,076, compared to 70,307 movements in the same period a year ago.
Currently serving 28 international airlines and 8 domestic airlines, YIA has attracted renowned fullservice airlines such as Emirates Airlines, Malindo Air and Cathay Dragon in recent years. These airlines have opened new routes to Yangon over the last two years since Yangon Aerodrome Company Limited took over the operation of YIA.

Share this post
Hot News
Hot News