COVID-19 cases remain at 21
1. The Ministry of Health and Sports is closely monitoring, conducting surveillance and medical treatments, identifying those who had close contact with the positive patients for quarantines, admitting to the hospitals, getting information about the returnees from foreign countries in coordination with local authorities and state departments, and travel restrictions on them in measures against the Covid-19.
2. There were 38 new persons under investigation between 6 pm on 4 April and 6 pm on 5 April.
3. Laboratory results of the National Health Laboratory (Yangon) on specimens from a total of 55 persons under investigation and the persons under the quarantine at hospitals, homes and hotels on 5 April 2020 has shown all of the 55 persons tested negative.
4. Out of 20 COVID-19 positive cases, 1 is at Tiddim hospital in Chin State, 11 at Waibargi hospital, 1 at Kandawnadi hospital in Mandalay, 1 at Nay Pyi Taw People’s Hospital, 1 at Lashio People’s Hospital and 4 from Paukkaung Township at the Pyi Township hospital in Bago Region. Health conditions of 19 positive patients are good and one patient at Waibargi hospital is being isolated for intensive care.
5. 6. As Myanmar has found a total of 21 COVID-19 positive cases from 23 March to 5 April. People are advised to strictly follow the awareness of the Ministry of Health and Sports to prevent the viral transmissions to both families and communities.
(Translated by Kyaw Zin Tun)