Republic of the Union of Myanmar
Ministry of Health and Sports
3rd Waxing of Thadingyut, 1382
(19 October 2020)
The Ministry of Health and Sports is exercising the rights in Article 21-(b) of the Prevention and Control of Communicable Diseases Law to issue this order.
1. The Ministry of Health and Sports is continuously working on prevention measures against Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and amid the discovery of new positive cases in Kachin State including those who have not had contact with any positive cases and no travel history and the rapid increase of cases in a short amount of time, stay-at-home measures are necessary for the people in some of the townships in Kachin State.
2. Thus, all citizens in the following townships of Kachin State are included in the stay-at-home programme:
a. Phakant Township
b. Mohnyin Township
3. This being the case, all people in those two townships are to adhere to the following rules:
(a) Relating to the stay-at-home order (for government departments in accordance with Letter No. 2354/264/COVID-19/Committee(2020) issued on 14-9-2020 by the National-Level Central Committee on Prevention, Control and Treatment of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), to follow the directive for civil servants to rotate on a 2-week for office attendance and 2-week on work-from-home basis. Those in the private sector concerning banks and financial services, fuel refilling stations, food businesses and cold warehouses, pharmaceutical and medical equipment businesses, drinking water businesses, factories producing daily hygiene products, communications businesses such as post office services, landline and mobile phone communications services, Internet services (not including the vendors selling mobile phones and Internet data), and services for communications towers and fibre networks are not included.)
(b) Organizations and companies are to work from home.
(c) Only one person per household can go outside to purchase essentials.
(d) Only two persons per household may go outside for hospital or clinical visits.
(e) Always wear facemasks/masks when going outside.
(f) Allow only vehicles transporting working people and permitted vehicles may pass over townships.
(g) Within the ward, only the driver and one other person are permitted to go shopping and only the driver and two other persons are permitted to go to the hospital / clinic.
(h) To ensure smooth flow of commodities in those two townships, trucks are required to follow the Standard Operating Procedure for vehicles.
4. If the number of people exceed the limitations mentioned in Paragraph 3-(c), (d) and (g), or for any other emergency reasons, prior notice should be given to the relevant ward administrators and they in turn must only permit the people going from and returning to the wards and not allow people from outside the wards to enter or other people within the wards to leave.
5. Failure to comply with this order will have action taken in accordance with the existing laws.
6. This order takes effect as of 8 am on 20-10-2020.
Sd/ Dr Myint Htwe