- Ba Sein
According to the concrete resolution of the First Successful Congregation of the Sanhga of All Orders of 1980, the different levels of the Sangha Organizatons throughout country could be formed and also the very first unity of the Sangha of All Orders could be reconstructed within one-hundred year in the history of Buddhism of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar. The different levels of Sangha Organizstons are as follows: –
1. State Ovadacariya (Patron) Committee of Sangha.
2. State Central Working Committee of the Sangha of All Orders.
3. State Sanghamahanayaka Committee.
4. State / Region Sanghanayaka Committees.
5. Township Sanghanayaka Committees.
6. Ward / Village-tract Sanghanayaka Committees.
These different levels of the Sangha Organizations represent over five hundred thousand members of the Sangha in the Republic the Union of Myanmar who are striving to carry out the noble task of purification, perpetuation and propagation of the Sasana. Including other (5) Sanghanayaka Committees, the Ward and Village-tract Sanghanayaka Committees consisting of (19993) members of Sangha have been formed throughout the Union of Myanmar since 1980. Members of Ward and Village-tract Sanghanayaka Committees shall be elected by the majority of the members of Sangha who are residing in respective regions and states of the respective townships throughout the country. The general election of Ward and Village-tract Sanghanayaka Committees shall be held in accordance with principles of the different levels of Sangha Organizations of the Republic the Union of Myanmar after five years’ term.
The main objectives of the ward and village-tract Sanghanayaka Committees are to carry out the noble task of the purification, perpetutation and propagation of the Buddha Sasana and other religious matters in their respective Ward and Village-tract.
Ward and Village-tract Sanghanayaka Committees
There are altogether (5508) Ward and Village-tract Sanghanayaka Committees consisting of (19993) members of Sangha throughout the country.
Functions and duties of Ward and Village-tract Sanghanayaka Committees
1. Shall carry out their functions concerned in accoudance with the fundamental principles approved and adopted by the Congregation of the Sangha of All Orders and procedures of Sangha Organization, procedures of settlements of Vinayadhamma Kamma Adhikarana Disputes Act, other decisions and instructions approved and passed by the meeting of the State Central Working Committee of the Sangha of All Orders.
2. Shall perform their duties leading to the purification, perpetuation and propagation of the Buddha Sasana and the unity of the members of Sangha.
3. Shall make monks and novices (Samaneras dwelling in their ward and village-tract to know and follow the instructions of the higher levels of Sangha Organizations.
4. Shall collect and prepare the final list of monks and novices in their Ward and Village-tract in each year of retreat and shall send tit. to respective township Sanghanayaka Committee.
5. Shall report their functions to respective township Sanghanayaka Committees occasionally.
6. Shall occasionally give advice and counsel to monks and novices in their Ward and Village-tract without affecting management of respective monasteries and monastic institutions.
7. If one of group-members or members of Ward and Villagetract Sanghanayaka Committees is (are) suspected in any case without complainant, he (they) whall be sent for to receive counsel of responsible member of respective Ward and Village tract Sanghanayaka Committees.
8. If he or they do not follow the counsel, he or they shall be sent for in front of (2) or (3) Executive members of Ward and Village tract Sanghanayaka Committee for the second time.
9. If he or they have not yet followed, for the third time he or they shall be sent for again.
10. If not yet, he or they shall be removed from group-members of Ward and Village-tract Sanghanayaka Committee until confession made by him or them, and complete particulars of such person or persons shall be informed to the Township Sanghanayaka Committee.
11. Ward and Village-tract Sanghanayaka Committee and removed presons shall obey and follow the decision of Township Sanghanayaka Committee.
12. If the removed persons do not obey and follow the decisions of Township Sanghanayaka Committee, it shall be reported to the Ward and Village-tract Sanghanayaka Committee, the authorities concerned and the Township Sanghanayaka Committee.
13. If any representative of Sangha Samutti, any member of Vanayadharas, any member of Sangha Working Committee, any member of Sanghanayaka Committee or any member of Sangha Patron Committee falls vacant, it shall be informed to respective Township Sanghanayaka Committee within (5) days after vacancy has been fallen.
According to the functions and duties of the Ward and Village-tract Sanghanayaka Committees, various matters and affairs in connection with the members of the Sangha or Sangha Organizations can only be decided and settled by members of the Sangha themselves.. Matters of the Sangha cannot be decided and settled by any civil court or authorities concerned.